River Run...

This was the first "race" event of my season, and I guess I wasn't to excited about at first... I don't know why, maybe cause I didn't know anyone else doing the race... or maybe cause it was still Freezing outside.  But I got my butt up that morning and slowly got down to the race... I was late and it was snowing!!!  when I pulled up, I was at the far end of the car line... I had nothing on for the race...and had to race down to get my number and swag bag.  As I got out of the car there were two people popping there head out from behind a car... kinda freaked me out.  And then I saw the bald head... It was my friend Sam and Craig... who knew I was doing this race and decided to join me at the last minute.  It got me a little more pumped up... so I got my stuff, put it on and ready to go...ended up waiting 15 minutes before the race would start.  Found a old high school friend, Jaryl who decided to run with the rest of us.  I was kinda put on the spot of people anticipating that I would be like this awesome runner, cause I'm on this Triathlon club... little did they know!  We all did the 10k, I kept a good pace not walking once... Jaryl and Craig picked up the pace, Sam kept a pace off of me as we finished the race together.  My time didn't come out, but I know I did it just a little under an hour.  Not bad for a trail run and first race out....but I will say it will be the LAST trail run I EVER do, as it messed up my knees.  
After the race, I tried to attempt a 50 mile bike ride with a group of people training to do the Seattle to Portland ride.  I got about 81/2 miles out, cramped up and turned around. Only did I become a lifesaver, as I shuttled people back as they got hit by a pretty good snow storm.  Then we went to Applebee's and warmed up to some Yummy food!  Pretty productive day! :)